At Sumas Corp our project managers guide our clients through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Whether you are looking to design a custom enterprise application, implement a business intelligence strategy, or evaluate and select a software package, we leverage our own flexible standard processes to provide tailored, client-specific processes that are mapped to the business objectives and IT needs of the project.
During the project initiation phase, we look at key items such as development life cycle, defined deliverables, planning and tracking techniques, communication, issue resolution, and cost management. On large projects, we establish a Program Management Office (PMO) to centralize the scope, task management, and measurement of the project outcomes.
- Define project objectives and develop detailed project plans based on the project scope and Statement of Work (SOW).
- Break large or complex efforts into manageable assignments, including the proper use of WBS(Work Breakdown Structure).
- Use planning and scheduling work tools, including PERT(Program Evaluation and Review Technique) and CPM(Critical Path Method) techniques.
- Understand cost planning and estimating elements and contract management processes essential to complete project planning.
- Integrate project scope, time, cost and resources plans.
- Understand trending and forecasting in a project environment.
- Monitor project progress and problems, utilizing data identification and collection techniques, and measurement and analysis tools such as earned value.
- Exercise project control over resources, time, cost, and risk.
- Report project performance and results in an effective way to project stakeholders.
- Manage changes and re-plan work when necessary.
- Identify what can go wrong on a project.
- Determine what risks are important and warrant mitigation.
- Prepare an effective risk statement.
- Generate strategies to deal with critical risks.
- Determine the expected value of a mitigation strategy.
- Determine the size of the contingency reserve for the project.
- Make decisions under uncertainty and risk.